Sexual Health | STI Testing Norwalk
CIRCLE CARE Center is a Center of Excellence for prevention and treatment of sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) and has improved access to STI clinical care by offering screening and treatment services apart from primary care. Additionally, CIRCLE CARE Center remains on the cutting edge of HIV prevention by offering Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for prevention of HIV and emergency Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for those potentially exposed to HIV.
For more information on PrEP, click here.
For more information on PEP, continue reading below or click here.
Sexual Health Care Services offered through CCC include:
• Screening for STIs for patients with or without symptoms
(i.e., gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, HPV, HSV-2, hepatitis B and C).
• Diagnosis and treatment for STIs for patients with possible or known exposure.
• Diagnosis and treatment for patients with symptomatic STIs.
• Prevention education and risk reduction counseling to minimize risk for STIs and HIV.
• HIV counseling and rapid (20-minute) testing during your STI screening visit.
• Hepatitis C virus (HCV) counseling and rapid (20-minute) testing during your
STI screening visit.
• Preventative vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B, and Meningococcal Meningitis.
Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
What is Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)?
• treatment for possible or known exposure to HIV
• treatment with 3 HIV medications taken once or twice daily
• effective to prevent HIV infection if taken AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
(ideally within 36 hours, but it can be started up to 72 hours) after exposure
• 4-6 days of HIV medications if your laboratory screen returns undetectable
• 1 month of HIV medications if you cannot have a laboratory screen performed OR
if your laboratory test confirms HIV exposure
The sooner PEP is taken (within 36 hours is ideal, but PEP can be started up to 72 hours after exposure), the more effective the medications are in preventing one from becoming HIV-positive.
Consider possible exposure to HIV a MEDICAL EMERGENCY!
To access PEP, walk in to CIRCLE CARE Center or call (203)852-9525 ASAP to report possible
• Monday between the hours of 9:00am to 7:00pm
• Tuesday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
• Wednesday and Thursday between the hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm
• Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm
• After hours and on holidays and weekends, call (203) 570-6949 to speak with our
• Please call ahead if possible so we can make preparations for your visit.
In the rare case that we are at capacity, we may refer you to another site.