LGBTQ Health Education
World Health Clinicians (WHC) and CIRCLE CARE Center (CCC) provide trainings and host seminars and meetings for regional and statewide governmental organizations, community-based organizations (CBOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), hospitals, health centers, schools, conferences, and more. Our training programs are designed to share LGBTQ health information and to promote safe, supportive health care services for the LGBTQ community. WHC and CCC partner with MFAP and Triangle Community Center (TCC) in achieving our mutual goal to help close the gap in the health care disparities faced by so many among us via empowerment with education and support.
WHC’s 2500 square foot community center, with a 60" television monitor and capability of seating 100 people, is a perfect setting for all governmental and non-governmental organizations to hold their seminars. For a more intimate setting, our corporate conference room with a state-of-the-art interactive 60” monitor is ideal for conferences involving up to 20 people.
WHC/CCC’s speakers have been training healthcare providers regionally, nationally, and internationally for a combined 50 years.
Our trainings are not “one-size-fits-all.” They are tailored to fit the unique needs of each setting. Topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• LGBTQ sensitivity
• Transgender, trans-curious and gender non-conforming sensitivity
• Meeting the unique health-related needs of the LGBTQ community,
including the transgender community
• Promoting sexual health through prevention, screening and treatment
• Providing sensitive, affirmative and informed care for special populations such as LGBTQ youth,
MSM (men who have sex with men), WSW (women who have sex with women), etc.
• Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for male and female hypogonadism and hormonal therapy
for transitioning and transgender individuals
• HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) education
• Anal health and HPV among gay men and MSM
If you are interested in scheduling a training for your institution or organization, please contact our Community Health Education Coordinator by calling 203.852.9525.
CCC, in partnership with TCC and MFAP, hosts over 20 weekly support, education and social groups in our community center. For more information about us, or to join one of our groups, please click here or visit www.ctpridecenter.org.